Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How do you define yourself?

How do you define yourself? Really, ask yourself this question and write down what makes you you? How did you get that way and who is defining you to be the way you are? Then, continue by watching this amazing clip by Lizzie Velasquez! 

With a start of a new year and as you are setting your goals a question you might ask yourself is "How will I define myself this year through the goals I am making?" 

Lizzie Velasquez gives some amazing advice that we all should live by each and everyday. She is one of only 3 people in the world born with an unusual genetic ailment that prevents her from gaining any weight. She has never weighed over 62 pounds in her entire life. She discovered a video of herself on YouTube labeled "The World's Ugliest Woman" just prior to her junior year of high school. Watch this segment to see how she has taken those horrible comments people gave her all growing up and all the bullying she received to really shape who she is today. She decided that she would define who she is, and let others influence her definition of herself. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that you started this blog. It's great! I love the colors and the name! Wow...That video was so good! I have never heard of her before. Thanks for sharing and getting me motivated to make some new goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be hearing her speak in a month!
    Also I'm so glad y'all blog so I can stalk what's going on in the lives of the Graves :)

    ReplyDelete