Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Brand New Year and a Fresh Start to 2014!

It's a brand new year! 2014! What have you done so far to make it the best year?                                                                        The beginning of a new year usually starts with goal setting, well for most people. My husband and I always enjoy the fresh start of a new year. We get to evaluate the goals we set the last year and see how we have improved, and reflect upon how our lives have changed for the better or worse. This past year for us we have had many experiences that, we feel, have made us better and stronger personally and as a couple. About every 3 months we decided to set little goals to help us reach our bigger goals that we have set. So, throughout the year we were constantly evaluating ourselves so we would not put off our goals and be disappointed at the end of the year because we did not accomplish them. For us, in order to keep our focus on those goals we have made charts with the list of goals that we want to accomplish every day and the date on them. Then at the end of every day we mark off the things we accomplished. If we weren't able to accomplish one of those small goals that day we knew we needed to focus more on that one the next day. These goals may consist of: exercise goals, spiritual goals, educational goals, etc. Whatever will help you to achieve your overall goal.

Lately, my husband and I have made it a goal to wake up everyday and start our morning off with exercising. Some days it is very difficult to get out of a nice warm bed, but I just think of this quote "If you wait for perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done." A lot of times I convince myself that I can sleep longer and just workout in the afternoon when it has warmed up a bit. But, who am I kidding but myself. I know that does not work because I have other things I need to get done in the afternoon. I believe this also applies to all our goals, not just exercise. If we are waiting for the perfect moment to start our goals, it may never come. You will waste away a perfectly good day or month or year just waiting, waiting for something that when it does come you may not recognize it. Let's not procrastinate this year!

If you have not already set your goals for 2014, do it today! Then set smaller goals that will help you reach those larger ones. Don't wait for the perfect conditions to start your goals because you may never achieve them and waste away a perfectly good year! Start today and continue for the rest of 2014, you will be amazed at how much you really do get done and how you feel about yourself afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment